There’s insurance for practically everything we have. Health insurance, car insurance, homeowners insurance, and even electronic insurance. Accidents happen every day and for a small monthly fee, you’re making sure those large unexpected bills are covered. When you take your pet to the vet you know it’s going to be a large bill that you can plan for ahead of time. What happens if there’s an emergency though? Your dog or cat could eat something they shouldn’t, they could get sick, and they could injure themselves, just like humans can. One emergency vet bill could easily be in the thousands. Nothing can replace the love and devotion we get from our pets, even your snarky kitty, but sometimes we need a little help with the unexpected. Here are just a few benefits of getting pet insurance for your favorite furry (or fur-less) pets!
What you need to know:
Pet insurance is very similar to health insurance for humans. There are regular wellness coverage, deductibles, specialist coverage, and more. These insurances aren’t designed to cover routine care like vaccines or protection from heartworm, fleas, and ticks. They are designed for those times when your furry family member gets injured or sick. Pet insurances can cover medications to more advanced care like surgery and even chemotherapy. The younger you get your animal on the insurance the less your deductibles will be but even your older pets can be covered! Another reason to get pet insurance as soon as possible is that most pet insurances don’t cover pre-existing conditions.
What are the benefits of getting pet insurance?
● Saves Money: If your pet needs to have an emergency pet visit, the last thing you need to worry about is how much the bill is going to be. Pet insurance has you pay a small deductible which can range by the age of your pet. Once that deductible is met, the insurance takes care of the rest.
● Focus On Healing: You’ll have the peace of mind knowing where the money for the treatment, surgery, medication, etc. is coming from. Instead of scrambling to pay what could be a large chunk of money and delaying treatment, you can make sure your pet gets to each visit and takes the medication necessary to get better.
● Increases Treatment Options: If it comes down to it, your pet will be able to get more advanced treatments like surgeries or even chemotherapy. It also covers hospital stays so you know your pet is being taken care of no matter what the situation is.
● Any Vet You Want: One big issue with human insurance is that you have to worry about which networks your insurance covers, making sure you have referrals to see a specialist, and more. Pet insurance doesn’t have any of that. The insurance company usually doesn’t have any restrictions on which vets or specialists you can use. You will have to verify that the vet you’re going to accept the insurance on their end, however. This is extremely helpful if your pet gets sick while you’re on vacation away from your normal vet or have to visit a vet hospital outside of normal hours.
● All Breeds & Ages Included: Pet insurance doesn’t care what breed your pet is or how old they are. They can be a six week only German Shepherd purebred or a 10-ish-year-old short-haired domestic cat that you adopted from the shelter with an unknown background. The only thing that would be different is the deductible you pay because of the age and treatments for some pre-existing conditions may not be covered.
Bleiler Insurance understands how important animals are to the family. Contact us today to discuss the best way to get them covered!